This is part one of a four part series on Acquia Cloud Site Factory and Acquia Lift. You can no longer think of your website as a summary of what your organization has to offer; it's less about you -- your products, services, etc. -- and more about the experience you are creating for your customers via unique, personalized content. If you are to succeed, you need to break out of the traditional website experience and focus on the digital experience. There’s no shortage of open source and proprietary software that aims to make it easier to build sites and manage a proliferation of content. Some also make it easy to deliver and govern a large number of websites in your organization. Enterprises and brands are increasingly focused on other types of digital experiences beyond the website or mobile site. Many digital experience platform vendors have struggled with this; it’s a myth that content and presentation must be tightly coupled. In reality, there are tools that offer flexible presentation and content distribution models. These tools decrease time associated with site deployments and manual content updates, reduce security and compliance concerns, and mitigate the risk of out-of-date or inconsistent content across sites. Standalone, a multisite management tools or a content syndication service is helpful, but together, you have both flexibility and control.
Acquia Cloud Site Factory Paired with Acquia LiftA multisite digital experience management platform allows you to deliver and govern multiple sites that share a common range of functionality or architectural pattern instead of having to manage each site individually. For global companies, lack of governance makes security, compliance and brand consistency nearly impossible to achieve. With Acquia Cloud Site Factory, organizations can manage and govern all of their sites compliantly through a centralized digital site management console and shared Drupal platform. By taking advantage of a common multisite code base and management platform, an organization will have a unified view across all of their sites with a standard process for configuring and managing multisite delivery. Built on Acquia’s scalable cloud platform, Acquia Cloud Site Factory allows you to manage multiple digital sites at scale, with features such as:
- A centralized, role-based site management console for managing digital sites built with Drupal tuned to specific content and site governance requirements.
- Multisite Stacks delivery and governance, for building multiple sites from dedicated codebases and deploying new updates across a collection of sites.
- Open integrations with REST-based APIs.
- Powerful delivery automation to eliminate error-prone manual processes.
- Acquia Cloud platform services, including DevOps services and tools, a guaranteed SLA, remote administration, security and monitoring.
- Intuitive, visual, data-rich, drag-and-drop, card-based UI
- Bi-directional content sharing across heterogeneous sources
- Decoupled content distribution and experience delivery
- Central management and mapping of content
- Open, well-documented APIs
- Platform agnostic
- Smart filters and faceted search
- Automated content subscription updates
- Creation and collection of unified visitor profiles
- Merging of anonymous & known visitor profiles
- Real-time, adaptive segmentation
- Behavioral targeting and A/B/n testing
- Pre-built and custom reporting & analytics