Cross-posted with permission from OHO.com
OHO’s Dave Sawyer recently co-presented Collaborative Spaces: Integrating Drupal with Google Drive, Dropbox, and More at DrupalCon Austin. The session provided a how-to on creating a more collaborative experience by bridging the gap between the content that is managed in Drupal, and the documents, files, and conversations that are exchanged outside of Drupal in services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Google+ Hangouts, and Google Talk.
Watch the session recording to learn about numerous useful integrations of these services with Drupal such as:
- Automatically create nodes from Google documents
- Display a dynamic list of Dropbox files in a block
- Enable your users to create and collaborate on a Google Document – from within Drupal
- Automatically insert Webform submissions into a Google spreadsheet
- Let your users interact with each other for instant feedback and live chat within Drupal’s asynchronous fourms or with Jabber without leaving Drupal
- Allow Drupal users to upload files into a shared Dropbox folder
- Provide users with a way to easily save Drupal files into their own Google Drive account
- Automatically synchronize files from Dropbox shared folders into an Organic Group
The session included a review of several use cases and approaches toward integration.