I sat down with Drupal Social Media Lead, Paul Johnson at Drupal Camp London 2016, a few weeks after DrupalCon Asia in Mumbai. Paul runs the official community social media accounts on Twitter and elsewhere. I feel Paul is a kindred soul, since he and I both love highlighting and celebrating the Drupal community's stories and achievements.
The @drupal Twitter account alone has more than 65 thousand followers and Paul uses his powers for good. "I get so much satisfaction out of it. There's nothing I like more than to hear that it's made a difference to somebody, or I've heard something and made other people aware of it privately and that's maybe solved a problem. Social media is used for quite a lot of things ... It's not just a marketing channel."
Follow Drupal on social media!
Here are the accounts Paul runs:
- Facebook official Drupal group
- LinkedIn Drupal group
Here is the Drupal Association Social Media Request Form that Paul mentions during our conversation.
And here is the full, official Drupal social media directory.
Mentioned in the conversation
- http://celebratedrupal8.com/ and Paul's blog about how the campaign came together: Celebrate Drupal 8 - how it was done
- CTI Digital
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Drupal site
- Drupal 8 release podcasts with Dries Buytaert
Images used in the podcast video
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/amazeelabs/21513068989/ - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/amazeelabs/21632469131/in/photostream/ - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterlozano/21760271581/ - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
- https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/21437374299/ - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/