Today we launched Drupal Commons 3.0, a flagship release of Acquia's social business software solution now available for Drupal 7. This release builds on Acquia's OpenWEM initiative offering a set of customer experience solutions built on the open, unified Drupal platform for content, community, and commerce.
We believe this is a significant milestone in the evolution of both Drupal Commons and the greater Social Business Software market. We've already received excellent feedback from both partners and customers throughout our beta program and look forward to helping organizations gain value from the solution. Whether that's getting products to market faster, improving employee productivity, building greater customer advocacy, or even infusing social strategies into customer service and social shopping experiences. To dive right in, feel free to view a full slate of demo featurette videos or even download the new release and take it for a test drive here.
Beyond the intuitive new look and feel for better usability throughout the solution, we're excited to be releasing a host of great new features including:
- Responsive design templates out of the box for creating optimized mobile community experiences fast.
- An “active content” system that lets community members engage with popular content, based on comments, likes, and views, without manual moderation by community managers.
- New groups capabilities that enable community members to join existing groups, or create their own. Members can follow or post content into open groups and quickly find content and participate in community, without additional page loads.
- Advanced content moderation capabilities that improve community manager productivity by allowing members to report inappropriate content and even assign trusted members privileges to moderate and delete as needed.
If you're unsure whether Drupal Commons might be the right solution for your community needs, I've put together a couple of top 5 checklists to help evaluate if our solution might be the right fit for your organization.
Top 5 reasons why I should consider a social business software or community project?
- I have a employee productivity problem, I need to raise the productivity of skilled workers both within and outside of the enterprise.
- I want to crowdsource ideas to accelerate innovation and co-create with my ecosystem of stakeholders across customer, partner, or developer communities.
- My organization needs to streamline communications and break down the walls that exist between functional and geographic business silos.
- My organization needs more participation and conversation beyond corporate boundaries to infuse knowledge and expertise into my organization.
- I need to source crisp, real time data from customer insights to inform my product development process, and I need to do it faster and at lower costs.
What are the top 5 reasons I should consider Drupal Commons 3.0 if I'm ready to move on a social business project?
- Drupal Commons offers a fully packaged out-of-the-box solution with a user experience that accelerates time to value for Siteowners, Community Managers and Community Members.
- Drupal Commons 3.0 is built on Drupal 7, so it offers a unified platform for content, community and commerce for business users to collaborate and then publish to the web within a single interface.
- Leading edge Mobile support - community members can connect and participate on their preferred digital platform – anywhere, anytime on their desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- It’s an Open solution – it’s easy to integrate quickly with complimentary technologies to deliver a complete packaged digital marketing solution
- Offers faster time to market via rapid prototyping and access to skilled developers which leads to better payback times and ROI on all your social business projects.
Enjoy the new release and let us know what you think!